Sunday, February 2, 2014

Valentines - The 14 Days

It is already the second day of Valentines Day and I am just getting to this. In fact I forgot about this holiday (even though I created it) until a friend reminded me about it via Instagram. So that's kind of embarrassing. My life is totes crazy this year and one day I will blog about that perhaps. But without further ado. For those of you new to the Fourteen Days of Valentines, here is a quick rundown of the ways of celebrating.

Wear something pink or red everyday (or purple if you're desperate)
Eat some chocolate every day (and I have a game for this to make it even more fun!)
Find a new quote about love every day Listen to love songs everyday. Which leads to the other rule of...
NO BREAKUP SONGS. What the heck would we want to listen to that for?
Show love by doing at least one act of kindness every day. It doesn't have to be random. It doesn't have to be only one in number. It just has to be driven by love. 
Pick a love song of the day, just for fun.

Something new I have decided this year is to use Valentines Day as a real day of service, more so than I have done in the past. Partly this is because I have less time than ever to celebrate all 14 days as I have in the past. But I have been planning these acts of service and that gets me really excited. Maybe one day the desire for service will pervade throughout my entire year.

So really. Let's spread the love of Valentines Day. I challenge you to convert one Valentine believer this year. And if you become converted yourself, that totally counts. :)

Love Game Instructions:

-First get some chocolate (I have found m&ms work best)

-Next, writing utensils and paper and/or notecards

-Place the paper/notecards next to the chocolate

-Whenever you want to eat that chocolate, you have to write down something you love. 

-Repeats are only allowed when you truly feel a burst of joy and love for something, and at least 24 hours have passed since its last appearance in the game. 

To get you in the mood (and waste time!), here are previous Valentines Day posts

2012

Get Ready

Our Ministry is One of Love

By This Shall Men Know

And Now Behold My Joy is Full

Teenage Dream

If

This Speaks for Itself

Yes, Please

Puppy Love

Let's Just be Juvenile Again Shall We?

Friendship

Love It

Love YOU

It All Comes Back to You

2 Secrets and a Truth

V-Day Wrap Up


No comments: