Thursday, February 9, 2012

Let's just be a little juvenile again shall we?

So this post won't be as juvenile as yesterday's but I'm harking back to teenage years. I'm sorry guys, I know. But here's the deal, I do spend all day with teenagers. And let's be honest, teenage crushes were just so fun!

Plus, my song of the day was Phantom Planet "Always on My Mind" and that was most def my go-to crush song my senior year of high school. So I've decided to devote today to crushes. To that moment in jr high and high school when student council comes around on Valentines Day with the carnations that I never got but for one second...it really looks like they are headed for you and you are pretty delighted. And it was exciting (and devastating...but let's keep our eye on the prize here).

Long story short, I saw this fantastic video the other day and I thought "the 15 year old me would have EATEN UP this video". It still makes me feel 15 and all life-inexperienced inside. And fuzzy. It's like when you have that one best guy friend in jr. high and high school and they always tell you that boys don't like you just because you're not easy or they're intimidated by you, etc. And then you turn 23 and they still tell you that (or maybe that's only me...). And so when I watch this I feel all Young-Women-feel-good-bookmark inside. And I laugh, because this kid is funny. I don't know who he is but he is a winner in my book.


Okay. A few things.
1. Please tell me this is true. Because the Young Woman in me wants her bookmarks to be true.
2. This boy is a stud. He probably would have been my best friend in high school.
3. He could maybe use some differing volumes. Anyone?


And here is one that I can verify is true because I, my dear, am a woman. Or a girl. I never know which one to use. I'm just barely getting used to Miss at school so...give it some time.
Except for the Twilight thing...that's hit or miss. 

So there you go! You looking to get some points with a crush by/before Valentines and/or whenever? Listen to this boy. He is wise beyond his years. I am guessing his years to be about 17. So if I'm wrong, now I'm awkwardly wrong all over the internet. 

Any questions? This kid also has a BOMBIN' video on Valentine's Day that I would love to talk about but there are only 14 days of Valentines Day and I don't know if it will make the cut. We'll see kid. We'll see. 

3 comments:

潇潇 said...

This boy might be a lit bit too stud to be true, don't you think so? solely based on my personal observation and experiences. :p

Megan said...

I want a like button on your blog. Like like like like like

Shiree said...

I got 3 carnations for Valentine's Day in the 9th grade. The cheerleaders in my class got 0. I will seriously never forget that day! :) It was awesome.