Thursday, February 16, 2012

V-day wrap-up and Parent Teacher Conferences.

A day of lists. We'll start with the V-day wrap-up. A list of what my roomie Megan-o and I wrote (with a guest appearance by Christina Craven) in our love game. And yes some things have been omitted because not everything needs to exist on the internets.

I love Lynette because she bought chocolate today. The Gospel. Christ. Truth. James Talmage. iPods. Amber. 8th period. Dante's job. Jane by Design. Matthew Atkinson. NICK FADDEN! Texting. Mornings that aren't 5:45. Stutters. Christina. Humanities. Don Q conversations. Megan-o. Lynette! Doing nothing. Chocolate. Journals. Saturdays. Sweat pants. Sleep. Not wallowing. Ice cream. Crepes. Illnesses leaving. Preach My Gospel. The fact that I thought this said creeps (with an arrow pointing to crepes). FB stalking. Lynette's squeaky voice. Mikey. Megan-o. Spotify. Pesos. 8th period helping out. When Jake is good. Participation. Short faculty meetings. Making grades better. Sleep. Preach My Gospel. Day being over. Being trusted. Family. Having grades entered. Pink nails. My perfume. Being giddy. Mrs. King. That cute boy in 101. Smell-good boys. Water. Dinner. Amanda. Love songs. Blogging. Sounding like a woman. Not coughing. Funny videos. Pink. Comfortable shoes. Good hair. Healthy days. Megan's healthy days. Thomas. Mike Steele. Folk skirt. Speaking in Church. Learning from my mistakes. Chivalry. Rides home. Made up raps. McD's. Pepe at McD's. Codster. On-task Jake. Being complimented by students. AMBER. Dinner I didn't make. Blogging. Reading cool blogs. Sweats. Guy friends. Totally Missing the Point . Lauri. Having a job. Maddie. Holly. Cassidy. Caroline. David. Spanish. Spanish music. Timpview. Good groupwork. Bubble gum pink skirt. Friday. Jane By Design. Blue shirt. Tandy. Mikayla. Kelsey. Friendship. TOUR. Julie. Jon. Jeanette. Mike Steele. New blog. Mikey. Katrina's shirt. FRIDAY. Island projects. Review days. Dan's 101%. Bed. Leggings. Not having appendicitis. Cough drops even if they're nasty. This episode of Jane By Design. Free pizza. Good weather. Not being rejected. Brownie bites. Curled hair. SUNDAY. Speaking in church. Compliments. The Alex incident. Flirting. Getting asked out. Not dying in the snow. Alina. Ashlee. Maloree. Noel. Noel's boots. Larissa. This sweater. Curled hair. Being added on Facebook. Family. Makeup. Review day! Test tomorrow! V-day tomorrow. Thomas. Folk skirt. Jeanette. Lauri. Valentines Day. Much Ado About Nothing. Kenneth Branagh. Emma Thompson. Lia. Jeremy! Talia! Hair staying curled. Hoops and Yoyo. Not being awkward. TMA! Kyle. Andrea. Jenn. Becca. Post-its. Garlic alfredo chicken pasta.

For the first year I had to refill the bowl of M&Ms! Megan-o and I have a lot of love.


And now for parent teacher conferences. I'll keep it short and sweet. Some words that come to mind after my first experience as a teacher at parent teacher conference.

Long.
Funny.
Really funny.
Awkward.
Long.
Insightful.
Useful.
Long.

I was also reminded that every time an opportunity to speak Spanish exists, my Spanish doesn't...
Thankfully none of these parents came...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I think my favorite might of been... NICK FADDEN! Mainly because it was in all caps and it was the first thing I read. :) I loves you Lynette! You have a great list. I should make one. Maybe on the bus tomorrow!? :)

Troi and Crusher said...

Dear Lynette,
So. What you may or may not have known is, when people clicked on the link you posted to TMtP, your blog showed up in our referrer list. Being curious bloggers, we investigate these sorts of things. And when we find a funny and well-written blog, we like to check in on it now and then. What we're saying is, we've been enjoying your blog periodically... since February. Hope that isn't any creepier than you expect from us!
-T and C

Lynette Yorgason said...

This is in fact about as creepy as the amount of times I reference and link to your blog. And maybe some of the best news ever? To have bloggers I enjoy to enjoy my blog. That is joy.