Monday, December 3, 2012

Famousness.

Thanks be to folk dance for upping my famousity in the last few days in these ways.


  • Being the thumbnail for the article on this year's Christmas Around the World (which I saw two days ago and it was so awesome! Great job folk dancers!)
  • Having that same picture be on the BYU homepage for at least two days. Too bad I wasn't smart enough to get a screen capture of it like I did last time. So...anybody happen to do that for some random reason? 

I'm that tiny thing in the upper-right hand corner.
And this year they chose a picture of me that's actually good instead of  a picture
that makes me look like a seven year old with a double chin...
UPDATE: Someone DID screencapture my glory on the BYU homepage because they are brilliant friends. Brilliant I tell you! Genius I say! I was even bigger this time.

  • At some point last week on BYUtv, a documentary aired that has been in the making for a loooong time. The summer I went to Europe with folk dance (Hungary, Slovakia, Prague, Zagreb, Porec, Vienna, remember?) we had Steve Olpin from BYU come with us and film. Along with his lovely daughter Quinn who I adore. Anyway. He filmed our rehearsals for Europe, our tour in Europe, our auditions for the next year's team, our rehearsal for Christmas Around the World 2011 and the show of Christmas Around the World itself. So he filmed two different teams, both the only two years I was on the team so you know, awesome. He never interviewed me or showed me a whole lot, but you can definitely see me so BAM. More famous. I just wish he could have made something longer, we are jammed into a 30 minute episode with another awesome media arts project that also deserved more time than it got. But it's cool. Although MAN I would love to see some of the other footage he got that didn't make it in the final project. Folk Dance: Uncut. 

1 comment:

Kelsey Moss said...

Sweep! Sweep! Sweeeeep!

Also. I love the part where you can see you rubbing your Hopak boots on your face... That's how much we love those boots. Haha.