Sunday, September 11, 2011

Vi.en.na.

Here we are, the end of the road. The last stop on the trip I took months ago that it has taken me ages to blog about. Here is the TBE list for Vienna. 1. The view from our hotel. Wow. Welcome to Vienna man.

2. Finding this store on our first night of exploring and finding out that the translation basically means "Wolf pants". I just like the word pants okay?

3. Seeing Schonbrunn Palace and walking through their amazing gardens for FREE! Yesss.... But their gardens were so gorgeous I couldn't even take it. And huge! And with random statues and obelisks and the like in every which corner. I'm really glad Jay made me get my picture taken there.

4. The best picture of me all tour. Thanks Erin! This is in front of the Imperial Palace. No big.

5. A DRINKING FOUNTAIN. Anyone who has been to Europe knows this is a rarity. And we even saw two that day! Wow Vienna, you are 200% more hydrated than the rest of Europe as far as I can tell.

6. Seeing a statue of someone being flayed. Enough said. I have no idea why this is awesome to me. But...it is, I guess I'm morbid.

7. Roman ruins in the middle of the city 3 stories below the street. I saw this random thing in the middle of the street and I thought huh...what's that? I got there and looked down and BAM, Roman ruins were just chillin' there.

8. Magnum McFlurry. I ate at McDonald's twice that day. :)

9. Ending the day with a trip to see the world's oldest running ferris wheel. And a trip to the most large and random amusement park. This park was awesome, hilarious, random, and kind of creepy depending on which ride you were looking at. There was a Jack the Ripper ride, a Michael Jackson fun-house, some amazing looking rides, and some seriously creepy statues. Overall, it was one of the most awesome experiences ever.

10. Finding a stagecoach in the aforementioned amusement park. Earlier at Schonbrunn Palace, Marianne Ohran (one of the chaperones/tech people) had said stagecoach instead of carriage and felt silly. I said if I found one I would take a picture of it for her. And I did. And it was awesome.

11. Having dinner the night before our day in Vienna in our hotel. It was our last time together as a whole team because our travel plans home were not all the same. I really enjoyed my time with this particular team, I learned a lot from them and had some amazing/funny/spiritual experiences.

No comments: