Monday, May 12, 2014

The summer of my bookshelf.

It's coming.

Summer.

This is the beautiful thing about being a teacher. The magic of summer never dies! And as I finish out my first year of teaching I am looking forward to a summer of an extremely laid back part-time job, an on-the-side transcription job, time to plan my curriculum, and time to read.

Originally I planned on visiting the library all the time, getting book lists from people, actually reading all those books on my Pinterest book board. And then I remembered something, I own a ridiculous amount of books. And even better, I have read maybe half of them.

I have a book buying thing. I admitted to my habit of buying bargain books with my textbook sell-back money. I also do this thing where I feel like every time I go shopping I need to get a treat, so when I go to Wal-Mart my treat is usually books. Not because of the low prices, just because their book section is right next to the school supplies. Which is the only reason I ever go to Wal-Mart.

And maybe I have never actually read [almost] any of those books.

So this is the summer that I find out if I've been spending my money on lame books or not. I've got quite a task ahead of me that's for sure.

As you can see, the most recent purchases haven't even been put into the regular layout. 

These are mostly purchases from the heavenly book sale at the library. I soon realized however, this library is ALWAYS having a book sale. This is a dangerous thing. 

I am unsure of whether I will include my entire set of the Church History books to the goal. This seems perhaps too lofty. 

Bookcase part 1. 

Bookcase part 2. I actually still haven't even played that Geogrofacts game that I got for my first year of teaching. I seriously lose. 

I mean...I've read some of those books. Possibly half-ish. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this. 





1 comment:

Danny said...

IS that your smoke detector on the stack of books in the last picture? I don't want to tell you how to live your life... But that thing is kind of important. Just saying.