Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mmmm...Books.

At the end of every semester a wonderful thing happens. Textbook sell-back. Now I know most people complain about textbook sell-back because they don't get back the money they paid for their overpriced books. Believe me, I also feel that textbooks are overpriced (secret combinations anyone?). However, I have such a weird sense of money that by the time I sell back my textbooks it has nothing to do with paying me back for those books I already bought. Instead it is a "you-finished-finals!" bonus.

After selling back my books in order to exit the building I have to pass this evil/amazing section entitled "Bargain Books". I usually spend at least an hour there. My loot this year includes:

After The Darkness: Reflections on the Holocaust by Elie Wiesel (and it's illustrated with pictures from the US Holocaust Museum!)
Words That Ring Through Time: From Moses and Pericles to Obama, Fifty-One of the Most Important Speeches in History and How They Changed our World
P.J. O'Rourke on the Wealth of Nations
Great Issues in American History Volume II (collection of primary documents, win for the history nerd!)
Time-line History of the World by Gordon Kerr
Mesoamerican Myth: A Treasury of Central American Legends, Art, and History by Anita Ganeri
November General Conference Ensign

This is a great haul. All for $30!

Of course as soon as I left I saw Daniel Pink's Drive for $16. Do you know how much I want that book? You want it too you just don't know it yet.


1 comment:

Marissa Reynolds said...

Pretty sure I am going to think of book buy back time from now on as a FINALS BONUS!! I love that! :D Also, sweet job on the bargain book section. LOVE getting good deals on new books.