Saturday, January 26, 2008

High School Musical 2

I am not going to lie, I love High School Musical 2. I will stand by that for the rest of my existence. I will proceed to give you a list of reason as to why I love it.

1.It retains the cheesiness of the first High School Musical ( which I also love ), while also making it more professional and amazing.
2.Lucas Grabeel...need I say more? This guys super cool/awesome/needs to be on Broadway. And I love him. Profusely.
3.The amazing dancing! Of course, I, being a dancer, was highly impressed with the dancing, they stepped it up a notch and it rocked!
4. Filmed in Utah! Rock on! Utah=the coolest, I'm glad Disney has figured that out. Also, since it was filmed here, I actually know some of the dancers IN the movie. Yeah, I'm that cool.
5.It's a musical, and heaven knows the comeback of the movie musical is looooong overdue.
6.Kenny Ortega directed/choreographed it. Also the director/choreographer of Newsies, the other great movie musical of my time. Are you seeing a connection?
7.La musica! I'm a huge fun pop fan. The more upbeat/danceable, the happier I am. And this soundtrack makes me undeniably happy.
8.The most important thing to remember about this movie is that I do not watch it for the acting, the deep content, etc. etc. I watch it because it is a fun, lighthearted, rockin' movie musical that makes you want to dance. What else can one like me ask for? Not much. Except for some chocolate to eat while watching.

So there you are, the 8 reasons Lynette will everlastingly declare her HSM2 love.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Well said!

Shiree said...

I'm with you on the Lucas Grabeel bit!!!