Sunday, May 12, 2013

Soft Sunday Sounds: Because you never know.

Today I am visiting a friend's ward in Provo. While sitting in the hall waiting for Sunday School to start a man who was clearly a stake leader came over and introduced himself. He asked if I was in the stake, yadda yadda small talk. I figured he just came to talk to me because I was sitting by myself and stake leaders can't let that happen right? But whatever his personal reasoning was, the the reason the Lord prompted him to talk to me was what is important. 

We had finished our little conversation and as he was leaving he just stopped and told me how beautiful my eyes were. He asked if I was married or single,  when I said I am single he said "whoever you marry will be lucky to be able to stare into those eyes. You are a beautiful girl."

Now that could have been a really awkward and potentially dangerous thing for a man to to say a single young girl. But it was exactly what I needed at that moment. And he didn't know that. How could he have known? To be honest I didn't even realize I needed that boost at that point. But I did, and it proved helpful for in multiple ways.

"We don't know what God is preparing us for. He knows what He needs us for but often we don't. So why complain when we are so humanly short sighted?"

I found this in some of my church notes today. It was written about a trial that I am still working through but I am much closer to overcoming it. And now as I am on the crest of that trial I have found another one that has been festering below the surface for years and it is time to face the big bad wolf that apparently I have feeding. And I don't know why I have it, or how I will overcome it. But God does, and so I have gotta trust Him and just allow what comes to be what it is supposed to be.

Oops. This kind of became a diary entry.

1 comment:

Megan W said...

Lynette, I love you and the way that we are able to be silly and serious and everything all at once together. Thanks for this.